tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <>
Subject Re: Using for our live docs
Date Thu, 22 Nov 2012 11:43:58 GMT
2012/11/20 Rainer Jung <>:
> On 08.11.2012 23:25, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
>> 2012/11/8 Rainer Jung <>:
>> Several notes:
>>> A final version would include a reference to
> Yes, noted.
>> 1. I think it needs to also allow tomcat.[eu|us] mirrors
>> and where nightly builds of documentation are published.
> It would be trivial to include those hosts in the server name check.
> But: any comment is associated with a URL. Either you send an explicit
> URL, when the comment is added, or the comments server uses the URL in
> the Referer header. Now that URL serves two purposes:
> - the comment add command returns with a redirect to that page. So the
> URL should be self-referential, otherwise adding a comment would kick
> you off the previous page.
> - the URL is linked from the comments dashboard
> If we wanted multiple sites who serve our docs to share the comments,
> then the page URL we sent needs to be an URI without server and port.
> Still all the sites would need to have a uniform URI structure. At least
> ci will not have the same URI structure for the docs as tomcat.a.o.
> and will. The downside to switching to a URI is,
> that the links form the dashboard will be broken.
> So I suggest to support comments only on the official tomcat.a.o and use
> full page URLs as the prototype does.

If we need a single official URL, I would prefer to use (with HTTPS). As in "better be safe".

Other than that I am OK with enabling the feature on tomcat.a.o only.

> Updated patch available at

+1. Good.

There is stray "+LICENSE" line before "<section name="Privacy
Policy">" in comments.xml.  I think you'll want to apply additional
menu items (those additions in project.xml files) regardless of this

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: