tomcat-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Mark Thomas <>
Subject Re: Tomcat 7.0.33 progress report
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2012 17:02:40 GMT
On 16/11/2012 16:51, Rainer Jung wrote:
> On 16.11.2012 11:18, Mark Thomas wrote:
>> On 16/11/2012 04:03, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
>>> 2012/11/16 Mark Thomas <>:
>>>> The 7.0.33 release is taking longer then planned as my pre-tag checks
>>>> are still ongoing.
>>>> The short version is that the Servlet TCK is failing with httpd +
>>>> mod_proxy_ajp but not with httpd + mod_jk and I am still investigating.
>>>> The long version is that I have taken a quick look at the failures but
>>>> it appears that the reported failures are symptoms rather than the root
>>>> cause (i.e. another test is getting Tomcat's internals into a bad state
>>>> and the next test that re-uses whichever object it is that is in a bad
>>>> state fails). Tracking down the test(s) triggering the problem will
>>>> take
>>>> time. Since mod_jk is OK, it could be a mod_proxy_ajp bug we have hit
>>>> with the changes to the Async error handling. I have just updated the
>>>> httpd version I use for the TCKs and am re-running the TCK.
>>>> I'll provide an updated progress report in a few days or just create
>>>> the
>>>> tag if I resolve the issue.
>>> 1. I wonder whether configuring the logging to include a thread name
>>> will help here
>>> ( org.apache.juli.OneLineFormatter  and %I in AccessLogValve)
>> Probably not. Past experience is that it is the Processor that needs to
>> be tracked. There should be a way to get that logged.
>> As it happens some further digging showed that the failure did not
>> depend on any other tests (I missed this the first time around as I was
>> testing in a different environment where the test passed). Now I have a
>> repeatable failure in a relatively simple test case I can start looking
>> at it more closely. That is today's task.
> If I can help around ajp let me know and send some details.

Thanks. I am making progress now. A couple of configuration errors on my
part (changed wrong connector in server.xml to NIO) sent me down a few
blind alleys. It looks like Tomcat was doing the wrong thing (not
sending an end message and mod_jk and mod_proxy_ajp were both getting
upset but in different ways.

I'll shout if I get stuck although the fastest way to find my errors
seems to be writing an e-mail to the dev list as shortly after I send
it, I spot the silly mistake that invalidates most of what I just wrote.


To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message