tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@gmail.com>
Subject Performance degrade
Date Sun, 28 Oct 2012 03:26:22 GMT
Was noticing that TomEE had gotten just a tad slower between the 1.0.0 (Tomcat 7.0.27) and
the recently released 1.5.0 (Tomcat 7.0.30).  I usually include a pure Tomcat binary or two
in my performance testing so I have control group.  The interesting thing is my control group
seems to be my variable :)

Seems there was a measurable decrease in large app deploy time between Tomcat 7.0.28 and 7.0.29.
 I haven't yet had time to dig in with a profiler.  Hoping someone might go "oh, that's when
we changed X" and have a tip or two.

Anyway, here's the raw data.  Format is "<actual-time> - <reported-time>".  Really,
just the actual time is significant.  That's from process launch to "Server startup in XX
ms".  Reported time is just totaling together the reported initialization and startup times,
which is close but misses a few slivers.

WAR confluence-4.1.9.war
  Server apache-tomcat-7.0.10.tar.gz
    11552 - 11212
    12597 - 12264