tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Elgs Chen <elgs1...@hotmail.com>
Subject Reloading WebappClassLoader
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2012 08:52:34 GMT
Dear Tomcat Developers,

I'm using embedded tomcat 7 on my current project. I'm wondering if there's any API available
that I can reload the WebappClassLoader by ditching the webapp class loader that loads the
jars and classes in /WEB-INF/lib and /WEB-INF/classes, and create a new one that loads the
jars and classes from exactly the same location. I'm hoping the webapp class loader can be
manually reloaded as opposed to the auto-redeploy. If this is possible, it will allow my users
to upload their plugins and decide when to apply their plugins to make them effective.

Thanks,
Elgs