tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Elgs Chen <elgs1...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Reloading WebappClassLoader
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2012 06:51:33 GMT
Hi Mark,

Have you had a chance to look at this question? Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Elgs

On Oct 17, 2012, at 4:52 PM, Elgs Chen <elgs1980@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Tomcat Developers,
>
> I'm using embedded tomcat 7 on my current project. I'm wondering if there's any API available
that I can reload the WebappClassLoader by ditching the webapp class loader that loads the
jars and classes in /WEB-INF/lib and /WEB-INF/classes, and create a new one that loads the
jars and classes from exactly the same location. I'm hoping the webapp class loader can be
manually reloaded as opposed to the auto-redeploy. If this is possible, it will allow my users
to upload their plugins and decide when to apply their plugins to make them effective.