tomcat-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>
Subject Re: Time for 6.0.36?
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2012 16:52:10 GMT
Konstantin,

On 10/11/12 6:47 AM, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
> 2012/10/10 Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org>:
>> It has been just over 10 months since the last 6.0.x release. The change
>> log is looking pretty lengthy. I think we need a release.
>>
> 
> +1
> 
> 2012/10/10 Christopher Schultz <chris@christopherschultz.net>:
>> If it's likely that there will be a long interval before the following
>> release, I think I'd like to complete my work on TLS 1.1 and 1.2 support
>> through tcnative [1] and get it back-ported to 6.0.x for inclusion into
>> 6.0.36.
>>
>> Any objections?
> 
> It essentially means that you need a new release of Tomcat-Native first.

Perhaps not: the current hasOp will return false for supporting TLSv1.1
and TLSv1.2. We can catch that in the Java code and report that tcnative
does not support it. So we *can* release Tomcat before tcnative: the
feature just won't be practical before tcnative sees a release.

So, which is more likely to occur first if we release 6.0.36 now:
tcnative 1.2.25 or Tomcat 6.0.37?

> My opinion is that a 6.0.x release is being waited for a long time.
> It is better to release one sooner, as is,
> and then have the next release of 6.0.x in ~3 months.
> 
> That said, I do not stop you from implementing your patch. I just do
> not want it to be a factor in postponing the release.

Fair enough. I can always request a 6.0.37 once that has been back-ported.

-chris


Mime
View raw message