tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 7.0.31
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2012 09:02:44 GMT
On 01/10/2012 23:51, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
> 2012/10/2 Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org>:
>> The proposed Apache Tomcat 7.0.31 release is now available for voting.
>>
>> It can be obtained from:
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-7/v7.0.31/
>> The Maven staging repo is:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-073/
>> The svn tag is:
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tc7.0.x/tags/TOMCAT_7_0_31/
>>
>> The proposed 7.0.31 release is:
>> [ ] Broken - do not release
>> [ ] Stable - go ahead and release as 7.0.31 Stable
>>

> Haven't it been better to give some heads-up first?

There are two reasons for not doing that this time:

1. It is the start of the month and I have repeatedly stated my aim is
to do a release a month at the beginning of the month.

2. For the last few releases, my impression (and it is only an
impression - the data doesn't support it) is that my tagging
announcement has been quickly followed by a handful of bugs being
reported that folks have been sitting on. I wanted to discourage this
but since my initial impression was wrong there isn't anything to
discourage.

> The documentation formatting for the manager webapp is still broken.

OK. That needs fixing (and it should have been fixed by now). I'll
cancel the 7.0.31 release vote. That also means my Javadoc fixes will
make it into the next release.

I'll follow up on the issues with the original patch in the threads that
already exist.

Mark