tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: to improve the performance of form-based upload for Tomcat 7
Date Sat, 08 Sep 2012 11:27:10 GMT
2012/9/5 Link Qian <fastupload@outlook.com>:
> hello,

Thank you for your interest.

> I am the owner of open source project,fastupload. It's more faster 5.x than apache commons
file upload in test. also, I test the form-based file uploading implementation of Servlet
3.0 API in Tomcat 7,  for example, HttpServletRequest.getParts(). it's slower than apache
common file upload.

HttpServletRequest.getParts() is just a wrapper around code copied
from Apache Commons Fileupload.  I would not expect it to be
noticeably slower.

> Now, I want to refactor the part code of form-based file uploading of Tomcat server implement.
to improve the performance for it.   sounds good?

If a problem is with the code from Apache Commons Fileupload project,
then I think it would be better to apply the changes to that project first.

After that the changes can be ported to Tomcat.

> I haven't involved development process of apache open source project.   who is the right
person I need to contact?

> fast upload project reference: https://sourceforge.net/projects/fastupload/

Contributions are normally discussed on the dev mailing list
and are submitted as patches via Bugzilla (for Tomcat) or JIRA (for
Apache Commons). They are covered by clause 5 of the Apache License,

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko