tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Enrico Olivelli <>
Subject Request for JAASRealm enhancement
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2012 06:49:28 GMT
I was trying to use JAASRealm and I noticed that it is possibile to
bundle my LoginModule with the webapp  (useContextClassLoader) but it is
not possibile to bundle a files

// this constructor uses default JVM JAAS Configuration
// from
loginContext = new LoginContext(appName, callbackHandler);

// the constructor I would like to be used
URI = URI that gets a .properties file thru the classloader of my app
ConfigFile file = new ConfigFile(URI);
loginContext = new LoginContext(appName, callbackHandler,...,ConfigFile);

can you add a configuration property for that realm in order to
configure a JAAS ConfigFile ?
in this way I can bundle my file inside the app or in
some JAR to be distributed

Thank you
- Enrico

To unsubscribe, e-mail: