tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject HTTP Status Code Messages (Backport additions and changes, Japanese redundancy)
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2012 15:15:37 GMT
1) Japanese HTTP Status Codes
=============================

The file

java/org/apache/tomcat/util/http/res/LocalStrings_ja.properties

is functionally identical to

java/org/apache/tomcat/util/http/res/LocalStrings.properties

(apart from changes introduced by me a few minutes ago).

I don't see any use in having all the english messages duplicated in the
Japanese file. I'd remove all lines except for a header that makes clear
that we don't want to introduce non-TEXT messages.

Any objections?

2) Backport r1361263

I plan to backport

to TC 7.

Note that there is a change for 302 from "Moved Temporarily" to "Found".
The standards compliant text "Found" is also used by the Apache Web Server.

Regards,

Rainer