tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1358055 - in /tomcat/trunk: java/org/apache/catalina/connector/ java/org/apache/catalina/core/ java/org/apache/coyote/ java/org/apache/coyote/ajp/ java/org/apache/coyote/http11/ java/org/apache/coyote/spdy/ java/org/apache/tomcat/util/net
Date Sat, 07 Jul 2012 21:06:57 GMT
On 07/07/2012 14:58, Mark Thomas wrote:
> On 06/07/2012 17:35, Filip Hanik (mailing lists) wrote:
>> Turning on Java 7 does change the test landscape.
>> Right now, I can get the test suite to run fine on Java 6, but lots of errors on
Java 7

> Hmm. Not good (that it worked with Java 6 but not Java 7).
>

> I've tracked down the first of these issues. Calling
>
> java.nio.channels.SocketChannel.socket().setTrafficClass()
>
> after
>
> socketChannel.connect()
>
> has been called triggers a SocketException. Moving the setTrafficClass()
> call to before connect() fixes the issue.
>
> Tests on Java 6 show that the setTrafficClass() was having no effect if
> called after connect(). It looks like Java 7 has started to throw an
> exception when the setter has no effect.
>
> On this basis, I' say that this particular issue is a long standing bug
> that was masked by Java 6 and is now visible with Java 7.
>
> I'll do a code review and move the setTrafficClass() calls as necessary.

Having done all of this, some further research on the users list
suggests that this is a Windows XP / Server 2003 specific issue.

That means the code I deleted in the accept() case almost certainly
needs to be restored.

I have some ideas for how this might be handled but I want to check a
few things first. I should have something some time tomorrow.

Mark