tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1350212 - /tomcat/tc5.5.x/trunk/STATUS.txt
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2012 12:54:02 GMT
2012/6/14  <rjung@apache.org>:
> Author: rjung
> Date: Thu Jun 14 12:31:14 2012
> New Revision: 1350212

> Log:
> Add proposal.
>
> Modified:
>    tomcat/tc5.5.x/trunk/STATUS.txt
>

> +
> +* Remove the KEYS file from the src distribution.
> +  It will still be copied to the release directory but not
> +  be contained in the downloaded tar or zip.
> +  http://people.apache.org/~rjung/patches/remove-keys-from-release-tc55.patch
> +  +1: rjung
> +  -1:

If KEYS file is missing from src distribution, I wonder whether it
will be possible to recreate a release from it.

The build.xml file of 5.5 contains copy operation that explicitly
references the KEYS file.

    <copy file="../KEYS"
         todir="${tomcat.release}/v${version}"/>

I think this <copy> operation will fail because of missing file.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko