tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1346864 - /tomcat/tc7.0.x/trunk/webapps/examples/WEB-INF/classes/websocket/echo/EchoMessage.java
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2012 17:53:42 GMT
Konstantin,

On 6/6/12 8:52 AM, kkolinko@apache.org wrote:
> Author: kkolinko
> Date: Wed Jun  6 12:52:20 2012
> New Revision: 1346864

> Log:
> Remove svn:merge-info property on EchoMessage.java, that was added in r1346684
>
> Note: Merges should be started from project root - tc7.0.x/trunk, and project root has
> to be included in subsequent commit. That way svn:merge-info will be present only on
the project root directory.

Sorry about that. I use Eclipse: what is the best way to do and commit a
proper merge? Should I be committing not only the changed files but also
the project-root as a directory? If I do that, I think Eclipse (or even
svn) would force me to commit every change all at once -- i.e. I can't
work on multiple patches at the same time.

I'm sure that's not true, so I'm certainly open to some education.

Thanks,
-chris