tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: buildbot failure in ASF Buildbot on tomcat-trunk
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2012 15:25:47 GMT
On 06/06/2012 00:58, Mark Thomas wrote:
> On 05/06/2012 22:37, buildbot@apache.org wrote:
>> The Buildbot has detected a new failure on builder tomcat-trunk while building ASF
Buildbot.
>> Full details are available at:
>>  http://ci.apache.org/builders/tomcat-trunk/builds/3039
>>
>> Buildbot URL: http://ci.apache.org/
>>
>> Buildslave for this Build: bb-vm_ubuntu
>>
>> Build Reason: scheduler
>> Build Source Stamp: [branch tomcat/trunk] 1346581
>> Blamelist: markt
>
> I now have access to the host where this build runs and can repeat the
> failure easily. I intend to investigate further over the next few days
> with a view to identifying the root cause and hopefully fixing it.

I think I have found the problem and fixed it. The short version was
that we weren't handling close properly if a connection wasn't
registered for read or write at the time the close is processed. This is
unlikely but seems to happen consistently on the CI server.

Final proof will be the CI results for the next few commits.

Mark