tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Purpose of unlockAccept
Date Tue, 08 May 2012 18:54:30 GMT
On 08/05/2012 19:47, Costin Manolache wrote:
> You may still want to accept requests for existing sessions.
>
> Both 'graceful shutdown' and app deploy are important cases - it's just
> that current 'pause()' is not that good for either of them, if you really
> want to cleanup...
>
> Maybe an option to return 503 or custom status/headers - so people can
> adjust to various LBs.

pause() on the connector means something very different to pause in the
reverse proxy. In the connector pause means:
- stop processing new connections
- close existing connections
- keep the socket bound

It is very similar to stop() if bindOnInit==true

I don't see a requirement for "process existing sessions but reject new
sessions" and if there were such a requirement I'd implement that in a
Valve (or maybe a Filter), not in the connector.

Mark