tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <>
Subject Re: Problem in WebSocket
Date Tue, 01 May 2012 19:06:55 GMT
On 01/05/2012 19:27, umar farooq wrote:
> Hi All,
>        I am trying to use Chat example of WebSocket given in  Tomcat version
>  7.0.27. Problem I faced are here.
> 1) After opening the web socket it closes the socket automatically after 20
> sec. I want connection open until Guest (i.e. user) explicitly closes it.
Correct. Currently it uses the keep-alive timeout for the socket. Extend
the timeout or use ping messages to keep the channel open.

> 2) Second thing is that It broad casts the message to all users but what i
> want is to send message to a specific group of people.
No it doesn't. Messages are sent to single connections.

> Is there any method to send message to specific group.??

> I checked API for WebSocket but there is no method for multicast.
Correct. It is an application concern to maintain the groups it is
interested in and send messages to members as required.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message