tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 7.0.27
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2012 15:45:54 GMT
2012/3/31 Mark Thomas <>:
> The proposed Apache Tomcat 7.0.27 release is now available for voting.
> It can be obtained from:
> The Maven staging repo is:
> The svn tag is:

Quick testing, install & uninstall - OK
on Windows (WinXP and Win7) with 32-bit JRE 6u31.

Testsuite run with BIO, NIO, APR connectors
On WinXP with Oracle JDK 6u31 32-bit, Tomcat-Native 1.1.23
 - all tests passed, except only one:

The failed test:

It failed with BIO. On a rerun it failed with BIO and NIO. So it is
reproducible and it is occasional and I think it does not matter what
connector is used.

Testcase: testTimerThreadLeak took 2,547 sec
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: null
	at org.apache.catalina.loader.TestWebappClassLoaderExecutorMemoryLeak.testTimerThreadLeak(

The code there tests Executor state. Maybe the test itself is wrong
and there should be some pause before Executor terminates:
L71:        Assert.assertTrue(executorServlet.tpe.isShutdown());
L72:        Assert.assertTrue(executorServlet.tpe.isTerminated());

Anyway I do not see how this could noticeably impact Tomcat functionality.

> [x] Stable - go ahead and release as 7.0.27 Stable

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: