tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Willem Fibbe - Realworks BV <wil...@realworks.nl>
Subject CometConnectionManagerValve combined with SimpleTcpCluster
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2012 14:21:52 GMT
Hi,

We have a small cluster of 2 Tomcat-nodes, replicating sessions via SimpleTcpCluster.
After we enabled CometConnectionManagerValve in context.xml, sessions weren't replicated anymore
and we saw the following exceptions in the tomcat logs:
    java.io.WriteAbortedException: writing aborted; java.io.NotSerializableException: org.apache.catalina.connector.Request

After digging further, I see that the Valve puts a list of Request-objects on the session
that have comet-connections open.
When sessions are tried to be replicated, the Request-objects can't be serialized, hence the
exception.

Is this a bug, maybe? Or should I use something else than SimpleTcpCluster?

Regards,
Willem Fibbe