tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Schultz <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 7.0.27
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2012 22:14:24 GMT

On 3/31/12 1:07 PM, Mark Thomas wrote:
> The proposed Apache Tomcat 7.0.27 release is now available for voting.
> It can be obtained from:
> The Maven staging repo is:
> The svn tag is:
> The proposed 7.0.27 release is:
> [ ] Broken - do not release
> [X] Stable - go ahead and release as 7.0.27 Stable

- Test system is Debian Squeeze, Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
(build 20.1-b02, mixed mode), OpenSSL 0.9.8o, APR 1.4.2
- MD5 sums compare
- GnuPG signatures match
- ZIP and tarball have same contents
- Source builds properly
- tcnative 1.1.23 (included) builds properly
- Unit tests pass (except for tribes, which are expected to fail with
                   no multicast support, right? See below for details)
- 2 days of light use in development system (Debian Linux and Mac OS X)
seem fine

I had a failure in this unit test:
run: 5, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 60.127 sec

...and before I could investigate, I inadvertently blew-away my test
logs. A second run of tests did not have any errors in that test case.
It's possible that I was suspending (^Z) and resuming the unit test
process in such a way as to interfere with the proper execution of the
test that one time.

Oddly, this file has the wrong Content-Type header (text/plain) returned
by the server so it doesn't render properly in a web browser:

Maybe someone could look into that.

PS Unit test failures in these tests:

View raw message