tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 7.0.27
Date Sun, 01 Apr 2012 17:20:19 GMT
On 31.03.2012 19:07, Mark Thomas wrote:
> The proposed Apache Tomcat 7.0.27 release is now available for voting.
>
> It can be obtained from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-7/v7.0.27/
> The Maven staging repo is:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-132/
> The svn tag is:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tc7.0.x/tags/TOMCAT_7_0_27/
>
> The proposed 7.0.27 release is:
> [ ] Broken - do not release
> [X] Stable - go ahead and release as 7.0.27 Stable

+1, this time again no test failure!

Details:

- MD5 OK
- signatures OK
- key in KEYS file
- gz and zip for src and bin consistent
- src consistent with svn tag, except for the following minor points
   (no regression or fixed now)
   - line ends of modules/jdbc-pool/resources/MANIFEST.MF differ
     between svn and gz although eol-style is set correctly.
   - the files we copy before building, e.g.
     catalina.properties and jdbc-pool.xml are of course
     not in svn for the cp target location, but they are
     in the src bundles.
- builds fine
- build result looks consistent with binaries
- no checkstyle complaints
- no Javadoc errors
- Unit tests no failures
- JMX MBean-Comparison only expected differences:
   - 4 new MBeans (Servlets wsChat, wsEchoStream, wsSnake, wsEchoMesage)
   - 3 additional loggers (all below websocket)
   - cacheSize in context=/examples went up from 25 to 27
   - one additional thread was started (some daemon thread)

Build and tests were done using Java 1.6.0_30, OS was Solaris 10 Sparc,
tcnative was 1.1.23 based on APR 1.4.6 and OpenSSL 1.0.0g.

Regards,

Rainer