tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Tomcat Wiki] Update of "FAQ/Miscellaneous" by markt
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2012 17:16:42 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The "FAQ/Miscellaneous" page has been changed by markt:
http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/FAQ/Miscellaneous?action=diff&rev1=31&rev2=32

Comment:
Not an FAQ, not helpful and not particularly funny.

   1. [[#Q27|What order do webapps start (or How can I change startup order)?]]
   1. [[#Q28|What's the different between a Valve and Filter?]]
   1. [[#Q29|How do I set system properties at startup?]]
-  1. [[#Q30|How do I translate to English from Tomcateese?]]

  == Answers ==

@@ -358, +357 @@

  Windows service users - use [[http://web.bvu.edu/staff/david/tcservcfg/|this]]

-
- <<BR>>
-
- <<Anchor(Q30)>>'''How do I translate to English from Tomcateese?'''
-
- Sometimes it is hard to understand the documentation that is supposed to be easy to understand.
 For example:
-
- In order to be executed, a web application must be deployed on a servlet container.
-
- Translated means:
- In order to run your web application, you must move or copy the files and folders that make
up your web app to a folder that is referred to as "servlet container". Now good luck in finding
that folder.
-
-
- OK, more to come!