tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Net Dawg <net.d...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Welcome file list in web.xml treats index.jsp different from other filenames
Date Sat, 14 Apr 2012 19:37:19 GMT
Hi Konstantin,

Thanks for the clarifications.  I stand corrected on the failover - could be a Tapestry issue
not Tomcat.

However, bottom line, Tomcat 7 works a bit differently from Tomcat 5 with respect to welome
files, probably respecting the new servlet spec

To your question as to "what point merging algorithms are not followed", please try this inside
your application context and you will probably see the same:

    <welcome-file-list>
     <welcome-file />
    </welcome-file-list>

This seems to tell Tomcat 7, in plain English, "there are no welcome files, don't bother looking
for them anywhere" ...

In other words, it is NOT merged with container as intended/indicated below in your message.