tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <billwbar...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Native components builds on Gump
Date Sat, 25 Feb 2012 03:43:42 GMT

"Mladen Turk"  wrote in message news:4F4758D5.5060607@apache.org...

On 02/24/2012 10:07 AM, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> Thanks to Stefan Bodewig work to resolve issue with expat
>> configuration on Gump,
>> APR now builds successfully there, after failing for more than 1 year.
>>
>> So projects that depend on APR and/or HTTPD now have a chance to be
>> built,
>> after being in "Prerequisite Failed" state for long time.
>>
>> One of such modules is "tomcat-connectors-native" with project
>> "jakarta-tomcat-jk-native".
>>
>> Maybe someone can take a look at what is going on there?
>> It is currently failing during make:
>>
>> http://vmgump.apache.org/gump/public/tomcat-connectors-native/jakarta-tomcat-jk-native/index.html
>>
>> [[[
>> mod_jk.c: In function ___init_ws_service___:
>> mod_jk.c:787: error: ___conn_rec___ has no member named ___remote_ip___
>> mod_jk.c:788: error: ___conn_rec___ has no member named ___remote_addr___
>> mod_jk.c:1104: error: ___conn_rec___ has no member named ___remote_ip___
>> mod_jk.c:1104: error: ___conn_rec___ has no member named ___remote_ip___
>> make[1]: *** [mod_jk.lo] Error 1
>> make[1]: Leaving directory
>> `/srv/gump/public/workspace/tomcat-connectors-native/native/apache-2.0'
>> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>
>Wrong httpd headers been included.
>
>BTW, not sure if that makes sense at all. It's just one platform
>and one webserver. We have much wider targets (same for tomcat-native)
>

>Regards
>--
>^TM

Yes, the version of HTTPD that Gump builds mod_jk against is trunk.
Similarly for the version of APR and APR-UTIL.  So what the errors are
telling the Tomcat community is that there will need to be changes to mod_jk
once the next major version of HTTPD is released.

This is also why I never set up a build for tomcat-native, since I didn't
think it would build against APR trunk.  Of course, any ASF committer can
set up a build of a branch of HTTPD, APR, etc.  to run in Gump. I understand
Mladen's concern that Gump only covers Linux, Solaris, and OS/X but some
coverage is still better than none IMHO.