tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: Native components builds on Gump
Date Sun, 26 Feb 2012 12:18:26 GMT
On 25.02.2012 14:51, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On 2012-02-25, Bill Barker wrote:
>
>> Yes, the version of HTTPD that Gump builds mod_jk against is
>> trunk. Similarly for the version of APR and APR-UTIL.  So what the
>> errors are telling the Tomcat community is that there will need to be
>> changes to mod_jk once the next major version of HTTPD is released.

I agree that this is useful.

> Not sure whether trunk's API is different from 2.4.x.

The observed failure happens for 2.4.x as well, fixed in 1293818.
I haven't yet checked building against trunk, but currentyl trunk and
2.4 are very close and since trunk is still used as the source of
backported patches I expect that to stay like that for quite a while.
Some bigger changes have been moved into another httpd development
branch recently to keep trunk close to 2.4 right now.

>> This is also why I never set up a build for tomcat-native, since I
>> didn't think it would build against APR trunk.  Of course, any ASF
>> committer can set up a build of a branch of HTTPD, APR, etc.  to run
>> in Gump. I understand Mladen's concern that Gump only covers Linux,
>> Solaris, and OS/X but some coverage is still better than none IMHO.
>
> Just nitpicking (I agree with all you said) gump.zones.apache.org runs
> on FreeBSD 8.2 rather than Solaris by now.

Thanks for careing!

Rainer