tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release Tomcat Native 1.1.23
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2012 07:11:48 GMT
On 02/22/2012 06:17 AM, Costin Manolache wrote:
> Mladen: please let me know if you want to further review the change or
> should I merge it to the branch.

Well I personally would not merge that into 1.1.x branch.
It would be a bit weird to have 1.1.22 as is, and 1.1.23 with
whole bunch of new features and API's.
That's not why we introduced branches at the first place.

> I also noticed there are few other diffs - in particular the 'interrupt'
> stuff in poll, few others.
> Any plans to merge them too ?

Nope. Not to the 1.1.x branch

> What's the plan with the trunk ?

We can release 1.2.0 from trunk.
I see no problem with that.
It requires apr-1.4.x so this might be a solution for
that sslext code instead porting that back to 1.1.x
We can require 1.2.x for tomcat8 and actually use that
new API's without worrying on backward compatibility.

Regards
--
^TM