tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SPDY support
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2012 08:56:29 GMT
On 02/15/2012 04:53 AM, Costin Manolache wrote:
> Uploaded another take.
>

> For non-SSL ( JIO, and apr without ssl ) ->  SPDY just kicks in on all
> connections,
> this is just a short-cut for testing. I could also define a SpdyProtocol
> and set it
> directly on the connector - but seems too much overhead for something that
> is testing/experimental.

If we are going to consider this as AJP alternative (++1) then
the SSL would definitely be handy (doesn't have to be TLS in that case,
although some contemporary JVMs might support it)
One of the major problems why users choose https over ajp for
server<->server communication is that (viable or not)

So I'm not sure how SPDY is 'customizable' for allowing different
transport layers. eg. can it use SSLv23 instead TLSv1

Regards
--
^TM