tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1240105 - in /tomcat/trunk/java/org/apache/catalina: Container.java core/ContainerBase.java core/StandardHost.java deploy/NamingResources.java mbeans/MBeanUtils.java realm/RealmBase.java startup/FailedContext.java valves/ValveBase.ja
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2012 13:03:29 GMT
On 03.02.2012 13:24, Mark Thomas wrote:
> On 03/02/2012 12:19, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
>> 2012/2/3<markt@apache.org>:
>>> +    @Override
>>> +    public String getMBeanKeyProperties() {
>>> +        Container c = this;
>>> +        StringBuilder keyProperties = new StringBuilder();
>>> +        int containerCount = 0;
>>> +
>>> +        // Work up container hierarchy, add a component to the name for
>>> +        // each container
>>> +        while (!(c instanceof Engine)) {
>>> +            if (c instanceof Wrapper) {
>>> +                keyProperties.append(",servlet=");
>>> +                keyProperties.append(c.getName());
>>
>> I think that the names should be wrapped by ObjectName.quote().
>> Here and in similar method implemented in another class below.
>> I do not think that there is a restriction that forbids ,;:= in a servlet name.
>
> That is going to change the name Servlets are registered under. That
> sort of change has caused problems for folks in the past. I recall
> someone (rjung?) fixed a similar issue in the connectors but I can't
> remember where or how off-hand.

I changed the name of threads or requestprocessors, because they had a
quote sign in the middle of the name by accident. I think my first "fix"
was wrong, but a subsequent fix was right. So yes, I changed the name of
some mbeans, but the previous names seemed obviously broken. So my final
change is part of releases since a few months and noone seemed to have
complained.

Not sure what this tells us about servlet mbean names though. At least I
wouldn't see a problem of changing/fixing for TC 8.

Regards,

Rainer