tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject trunk and Structure 101
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2012 10:26:33 GMT
I'm starting to look at trunk with Structure 101 and there are quite a
few dependency tangles that it would be good to clear up. Clearing these
up offers several benefits:
- simpler to modularise parts of Tomcat in the future if we want to
- easier to follow code
- better grouping of functionality in packages

I suspect it won't make sense to address all of the low-level tangles
currently reported. I'll see how things go.

Structure 101 isn't the only thing on my todo list. I plan to continue
the removal of unused code and work on the WebSockets implementation as
well.