tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Olivier Lamy <>
Subject Re: Release 2.0-beta-1 of Tomcat Maven Plugin
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2012 12:54:30 GMT

2012/1/10 Konstantin Kolinko <>:
> 2012/1/5 Olivier Lamy <>:
>> Hello,
>> I'd like to release a first version of Tomcat Maven Plugin.
>> As it's the first version here and some features have been added, this
>> version will be called 2.0-beta-1.
>> I will do that early next week.
>> Let me know if you have any comments.
> 1. IIRC you had plans to reintroduce common "tomcat" plugin.
> Are you going to go with separate "tomcat6" and "tomcat7" for now?
For goals which run embeded tomcat, I don't really have choice as api
has changed between 6 and 7.
Maybe for "common" goals (deploy war, list applications etc..) has the
only change is the manager url.
Can be done in next release IMHO, I have documented the fact that some
goals exists only in tomcat6 plugin and users need only to change
manager url in their configuration.
> 2. Reviewing some of your commits I noted that one of classes there uses
> System.exit() calls. [1]
> Is that OK? IMHO throwing some exception or an Error is a lot better
> that using that call.
Agree I will change that.
> Some time ago Tomcat was also using System.exit() during shutdown, but
> when it was noted that it caused problems with Commons Daemon and it
> was changed to never call that method.
> For a joke, someone mentioned [2] recently.
> [1]
> [2]
> Best regards,
> Konstantin Kolinko
> For additional commands, e-mail:

Last thing I want to do: add an archetype to have a sample project
generated on how to use/configure the plugin to use it with a very
simple webapp.
And finish to cleanup documentation. (do not hesitate to fix
"frenglish" typo if you see some :-) ).

Olivier Lamy
Talend: |

To unsubscribe, e-mail: