tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From John Simone <j...@heroku.com>
Subject Tomcat Runner
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2012 20:30:42 GMT
I've been working on a small project and I want to see what you guys think
of it. It's a jar file that uses the embedded API and allows you to launch
a war based webapp into Tomcat with a simple `java -jar tomcat-runner.jar
myApp.war`. I took inspiration from Jetty's Jetty-Runner (
http://blogs.webtide.com/janb/entry/jetty_runner) and wanted to have that
ease of use with Tomcat.

You can check out the code and usage here:
https://github.com/jsimone/tomcat-runner

The command line options are limited now, but my idea is that they'd be
expanded to cover most, if not all, of what the embedded API offers.