tomcat-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [GUMP@vmgump]: Project tomcat-trunk-test (in module tomcat-trunk) failed
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2012 10:57:30 GMT
2012/1/10 Rainer Jung <rainer.jung@kippdata.de>:
> On 10.01.2012 05:27, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
>>
>> 2012/1/10 Konstantin Kolinko<knst.kolinko@gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> 2012/1/9 Konstantin Kolinko<knst.kolinko@gmail.com>:
>>>>>>
>>>>>> 2012/1/7 Rainer Jung<rainer.jung@kippdata.de>:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Maybe enable the accesslog during testing with test.accesslog=true,
>>>>>>> so one
>>>>>>> can check after the next failure whether the contents agree with
your
>>>>>>> assumption. Not sure, whether Gump offers access to the access
log
>>>>>>> for
>>>>>>> checking.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>
>>>> I updated Gump configuration for tc7 and trunk enabling the access
>>>> log. We will see how it goes with next run.
>>>>
>>>
>>> So Gump runs with access logs. Look for "access_log.yyyy-mm-dd" in the
>>> list of files.
>>>
>>> (...)
>>
>>
>> Last run of tomcat-tc7.0.x-test failed with
>> org.apache.catalina.mbeans.TestRegistration.BIO.txt:
>> [[[
>> Testcase: testMBeanDeregistration took 1.756 sec
>>        FAILED
>> Remaining:
>> [Tomcat:type=RequestProcessor,worker="http-bio-127.0.0.1-auto-1",name=HttpRequest1]
>> expected:<0>  but was:<1>
>> junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Remaining:
>>
>> [Tomcat:type=RequestProcessor,worker="http-bio-127.0.0.1-auto-1",name=HttpRequest1]
>> expected:<0>  but was:<1>
>>        at
>> org.apache.catalina.mbeans.TestRegistration.testMBeanDeregistration(TestRegistration.java:209)
>> ]]]
>
>
> I let the TC 7 tests run in a loop now locally, with a subset of the tests
> (o.a.c.comet, ..., o.a.c.startup) and try to reproduce, no luck yet.
>
> I added a local patch, which logs the MBean attributes, if any unexpected
> MBeans are found. That would only give some indication for the above case,
> if the request was still being processed. I took the code (about 150 lines)
> mostly unchanged from the JMXProxySerlvet. If you want I could apply to
> TestRegistration.java in trunk.

Yes, I think that is worth adding.


2. The testMBeanDeregistration() method starts with

        Set<ObjectName> onames = mbeanServer.queryNames(new
ObjectName("Catalina:*"), null);
        assertEquals("Remaining: " + onames, 0, onames.size());

I think the same check could be done with "Tomcat:*" names.


The "TestRegistration.java:209" line where the assert was triggered is
near the end of testMBeanDeregistration() method, so all of the method
before that line did run fine.

(From reading the code I think that the checks in the middle of
testMBeanDeregistration() method would have detected unexpected beans
if those were present before the test and logged them, but adding
explicit check should not hurt.)

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@tomcat.apache.org


Mime
View raw message