tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <>
Subject Re: unit test debugging under Netbeans
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2012 19:32:50 GMT
2012/1/5 Konstantin Kolinko <>:
> 2011/12/30 Brian Burch <>:
>>> Formatter is configurable since 7.0.24.
>> Silly me! A ${test.formatter} property is defined immediately after
>> ${}!

The test.formatter configures logging library (or specifically
org.apache.juli.logging.DirectJDKLog) when no
configuration is available.  That is a different beast.

I was referring to "junit.formatter.type" property.

>> However, the runtests macro assumes I want usefile="true", but
>> that prevents netbeans from intercepting the results.
> You can convert usefile flag into a property as well,
>  <property name="junit.formatter.usefile" value="true"/>

I added the above "junit.formatter.usefile" property in trunk and 7.0.x,
so you may experiment with it.

(Our own advantage from this is that we maybe can configure buildbot
to use this property - If it cannot be configured to publish proper
JUnit reports).

>> I will think about whether I really want both formatters active on the same
>> netbeans test run (as in my current version). If not, I need to work out how
>> to inject a value without the user having to change it in,
>> where it would affect non-netbeans test runs.
> You may look here for an inspiration:

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

To unsubscribe, e-mail: