tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <>
Subject Re: Nexus release problems
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2012 10:53:49 GMT
2012/1/16 Mark Thomas <>:
> On 16/01/2012 09:43, Mark Thomas wrote:
>> It appears there is a problem with the Nexus release process. Prior to
>> the switch to Nexus, the Maven metedata contained all previous releases
>> [1]. Post the switch to Nexus, none of the previous releases appear in
>> the metadata [2].
>> The switch to Nexus has, therefore, introduced the very bug to the
>> Tomcat 7.0.x series that the switch to Nexus was meant to avoid [3].
>> Given that we go have the prior metadata, how do we get Nexus to use it?
>> [1]
>> [2]
>> [3]

There is no error in that. The metadata is only for
"orgapachetomcat-078" repository that contains this only release and
nothing else.

I do not know an easy way to find similar current repositories in
other projects. Just searched for recent VOTE threads

Here are two examples

(from the following threads:

> Oh, and if there is a way to get Nexus not to create .md5 and .sha1
> files for the .asc signatures that would be nice but not essential since
> the scp+rsync had the same problem.

I think that it is not possible to avoid creating them.
I've read on dev@commons that it is possible to delete them (more below).

I think that Maven may need those files just to autocheck integrity of
asc files downloaded from remote servers. So I think it is better to
keep them.

Regarding the procedure to delete those files I just did some search:
Some [1] say that you delete them "before closing staging area".
Others [2] (an older thread but seems more reliable) say that only
after closing it.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

To unsubscribe, e-mail: