tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <>
Subject Re: ant build failing: could not find file modules/jdbc-pool/doc/jdbc-pool.xml to copy
Date Sun, 08 Jan 2012 22:49:12 GMT
2012/1/9 S Ahmed <>:
> Hi,
> Exciting to get the source working locally!
> I'm on Mac osx lion.
> 1. I did a git clone from:
> 2. sudo ant
> And I got:
> compile-prepare:
> /Users/me/dev/sources/tomcat70/build.xml:493: Warning: Could not find file
> /Users/me/dev/sources/tomcat70/modules/jdbc-pool/doc/jdbc-pool.xml to copy.
> Total time: 1 second

jdbc-pool sources belong to tomcat-trunk and are pulled into tc7.0.x
using an svn:externals property.

Unfortunately Git does not support svn:externals (AFAIK), so the
sources you are using are not complete, and little could be done with

You can either:
a) use svn client to get the source
b) use tomcat trunk (the jdbc-pool sources should be present there).

> Also, does the tomcat source import smoothly into IntelliJ 9?  Are you guys
> using IntelliJ or Eclipse?

Most of us are using Eclipse IDE.

The building.html page in the docs has some useful instructions (for
Eclipse). There are also some useful files in res/ide-support

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: