tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Laurent <sylvain.laur...@m4x.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 7.0.24
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2012 19:04:36 GMT

On 16 janv. 2012, at 10:44, Rainer Jung wrote:

> 1) Unit test failure due to missing target directory in src dist
>
> I noticed that test/webapp-3.0-virtual-library/target is missing from the src dist. So
when rebuilding from src dist and running unit tests, I get a failure in TestVirtualContext,
because some resource which is usually retrieved form the target dir is missing:

> Testcase: testVirtualClassLoader took 7.434 sec
>        FAILED
> expected:<200> but was:<404>
> junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: expected:<200> but was:<404>
>        at org.apache.catalina.loader.TestVirtualContext.assertPageContains(TestVirtualContext.java:302)
>        at org.apache.catalina.loader.TestVirtualContext.assertPageContains(TestVirtualContext.java:294)
>        at org.apache.catalina.loader.TestVirtualContext.testVirtualClassLoader(TestVirtualContext.java:100)
>
> AFAIK the root cause is, that we exclude **/target/** in the ant target dist-source from
being copied.

> Note that there is also test/webapp-3.0-virtual-library/target.
>
> I don't know, whether we can simply drop this exclude, or should rename the directory.
I CC'd Sylvain explicitely, maybe he can comment on it.

If there are no side effect to dropping this exclude, you may do it (I really don't know enough
of the build system of tomcat).
Otherwise I can rename those directories so that it is not excluded. Just let me know.

Sylvain