tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject [ANN] Process has changed for distributing releases
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2012 11:16:18 GMT
All,

As per the previous discussion, the process for distributing releases
has changed.

We no longer need to upload releases to people.a.o and then wait for the
changes to sync to the servers handling www.apache.org/dist.

The process is now that changes are committed to an svn repository [1]
and will be reflected on the ASF websites within a few seconds. Note
that we will still need to wait several hours for changes to replicate
to the mirror network.

Commits to the Tomcat area of the /dist repository are limited to Tomcat
committers. Commit notices are configured to be sent to the dev list.

We also have a new location we can use for release candidates if we wish
[2].

Mark

[1] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/tomcat/
[2] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/