tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>
Subject Tomcat 7.0.25 issue
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2012 20:15:07 GMT
If one's web-app does not contain WEB-INF/classes, Tomcat 7.0.25 logs an
error.

This has never been considered an error in any Tomcat to date that I am
aware of -- nor any other servlet engine I've tried.

This appears to be an accident as ContextConfig had:

                         webinfClasses = context.getServletContext().getResource(
                                 "/WEB-INF/classes");
                         processAnnotationsUrl(webinfClasses, webXml);

and now has

                         NamingEnumeration<Binding>  listBindings =
                             context.getResources().listBindings("/WEB-INF/classes");
                         while (listBindings.hasMoreElements()) {
                             Binding binding = listBindings.nextElement();
                             if (binding.getObject() instanceof FileDirContext) {
                                 File webInfCLassDir =
                                     new File(
                                         ((FileDirContext) binding.getObject()).getDocBase());
                                 processAnnotationsFile(webInfCLassDir, webXml);
                             }
                         }

which is all well and good except for the differences in behavior when
/WEB-INF/classes is not found.

Is there a bug and/or patch for this?

If not I can file a bug -- and hack my own patch, I suppose, though I'd
appreciate a stab at a patch by someone who is actually familiar with
this code (which I am not).

--
Jess Holle