tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: [GUMP@vmgump]: Project tomcat-trunk-test (in module tomcat-trunk) failed
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2012 10:22:33 GMT
On 10.01.2012 05:27, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:

>>> I updated Gump configuration for tc7 and trunk enabling the access
>>> log. We will see how it goes with next run.
>>>

>> So Gump runs with access logs. Look for "access_log.yyyy-mm-dd" in the
>> list of files.
>>
>> (...)
>
> Last run of tomcat-tc7.0.x-test failed with
> org.apache.catalina.mbeans.TestRegistration.BIO.txt:
> [[[
> Testcase: testMBeanDeregistration took 1.756 sec
> 	FAILED
> Remaining: [Tomcat:type=RequestProcessor,worker="http-bio-127.0.0.1-auto-1",name=HttpRequest1]
> expected:<0>  but was:<1>
> junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Remaining:
> [Tomcat:type=RequestProcessor,worker="http-bio-127.0.0.1-auto-1",name=HttpRequest1]
> expected:<0>  but was:<1>
> 	at org.apache.catalina.mbeans.TestRegistration.testMBeanDeregistration(TestRegistration.java:209)
> ]]]

I let the TC 7 tests run in a loop now locally, with a subset of the
tests (o.a.c.comet, ..., o.a.c.startup) and try to reproduce, no luck yet.

I added a local patch, which logs the MBean attributes, if any
unexpected MBeans are found. That would only give some indication for
the above case, if the request was still being processed. I took the
code (about 150 lines) mostly unchanged from the JMXProxySerlvet. If you
want I could apply to TestRegistration.java in trunk.

Regards,

Rainer