tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Antonio Petrelli <antonio.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Move to Maven? (WAS: Re: Publishing process for JARs for Maven Central)
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2011 08:38:51 GMT
2011/12/19 Pid <pid@pidster.com>

> On 18/12/2011 08:37, Mladen Turk wrote:
> > On 12/17/2011 09:24 PM, Antonio Petrelli wrote:
> >> As requested here is a proposal to move to Maven.
> >>

> > I simply cannot understand why some folks have
> > almost religious fascination with Maven.
> >
> > I know many projects that have move from Ant to
> > Maven and are now either switched back or gone to
> > some other solution like Gradle or are in the
> > active process of seeking the alternative.
>
> I was wondering if someone would mention Gradle.  If there's a build
> tool shootout to be had, Gradle should get fair consideration.

I tried Gradle some time ago and, IMHO, it is pretty slow compared to Maven
3.
Moreover, m2eclipse and Maven have some developers in common and are doing
a great work to integrate the various plugins. The Eclipse-Gradle plugin
seems not much mature IMHO.

However, point in the right direction if I missed something :-)

Thanks
Antonio