tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Antonio Petrelli <antonio.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Move to Maven? (WAS: Re: Publishing process for JARs for Maven Central)
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2011 09:54:38 GMT
2011/12/20 Konstantin Kolinko <knst.kolinko@gmail.com>

> The current version of m2e(clipse) in its default configuration
> (re)downloads 200Mb index file from Maven Central into my workspace,
> hanging IDE in the process.

Never seen that... Or, at least, it does not hang.

Ant is surely easier to run and it comes with IDE by default.

But it does not come with library mapping, not because of Ant problems, but
because Ant build scripts are always customized. There is no way to create
a consistent plugin inside Eclipse for Ant, the only thing that an IDE can
do is running Ant targets.

> If one wants to convince me in using Maven - I would very like to see
> a release of Tomcat taglibs subproject. It looks we are stalled there.

I think that you should start another thread for this.

Antonio