tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Move to Maven? (WAS: Re: Publishing process for JARs for Maven Central)
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2011 22:19:13 GMT
On 12/21/2011 11:01 PM, Mark Thomas wrote:
> On 21/12/2011 21:57, Mladen Turk wrote:
>>
>> In essence no packages will be able to change the version
>> unless he rewrites the .spec or debian files from scratch thought.
>
> Ouch. That is argument for only doing this in trunk, if we do it at all.

Right. Up till now all linux distributions were using tomcatX,
so yes, Tomcat8 (trunk) is the logical target.

> Still need to figure out how to merge patches if we go that way.

If they do not span across new 'modules' it should
be just making sure they are executed using 'patch -pX'
so that correct number of directory entries is stripped
from patch header.

Regards
--
^TM