tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Move to Maven? (WAS: Re: Publishing process for JARs for Maven Central)
Date Mon, 19 Dec 2011 19:54:05 GMT
On 12/19/2011 07:47 PM, David Jencks wrote:
> Are you reading the thread?  I mentioned dec 17 that geronimo has been maintaining a
script for 2+ years that pulls tomcat source out of tomcat svn and puts it in an appropriately
structured maven mutli-project build and we've been re-releasing quite a few tomcat versions
using this technique.  Not sure how this is "talk".  I've experienced enough hostility over
the years from the tomcat community (not necessarily any currently active members) that I'm
reluctant to spend more time on this.

And that relates to this thread in exactly which way?
You guys did that for Geronimo, fine, great, super.

Here we speak that we should replace entire Tomcat
build system with maven, meaning, multiple arches, creating
windows installer, etc. I don't see any of those in Geronimo.

All I'm saying, if you can do it, you're welcome.
I'd like to see 'ant release' using 'mvn release' before
someone breaks trunk.

Regards
--
^TM