tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1198553 - in /tomcat/tc7.0.x/trunk: ./ java/org/apache/tomcat/util/net/ test/org/apache/catalina/startup/ webapps/docs/changelog.xml webapps/docs/config/ajp.xml webapps/docs/config/http.xml
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2011 00:39:19 GMT
2011/11/17 Mark Thomas <>:
> On 06/11/2011 20:52, wrote:
>> Author: kkolinko
>> Date: Sun Nov  6 20:52:33 2011
>> New Revision: 1198553
>> Log:
>> Merged revisions r1197158, r1198552 from tomcat/trunk:
>> Add new attribute to AbstractEndpoint and use it to speed up Tomcat tests.
>> If the attribute "fastShutdown" is set on the endpoint,
>> the usual wait of 1 sec during pause() is skipped.
> I'm seeing unit test failures (with a JVM crash) on 64-bit Ubuntu Linux
> with this patch that go away if I disable the fast shut-down. I only
> have a single result that shows this. I need to do multiple tests to
> confirm the result.

What connector that is?

Rainer wrote about APR/TCnative 1.1.22 with APR 1.4.5.
Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (20.4-b02 mixed mode solaris-sparc ):

There is also a user report
that sounds as reproducible, though may not be related to this specific issue:
"periodic JVM crash (access violation) on buffer flush"

> I'm not too bothered right now since this won't affect production
> systems but I'd like to get to the bottom of it.
> Any thoughts welcome.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

To unsubscribe, e-mail: