tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 7.0.23 - Take 2
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2011 09:35:19 GMT
On 20.11.2011 23:16, Mark Thomas wrote:
> The 7.0.23 tag was fine. The problem was local. I have re-rolled the
> 7.0.23 release from a clean export of the 7.0.23 tag.
>
> The proposed Apache Tomcat 7.0.23 release is now available for voting.
>
> It can be obtained from:
> http://people.apache.org/~markt/dev/tomcat-7/v7.0.23/
> The svn tag is:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tc7.0.x/tags/TOMCAT_7_0_23/
>
> The proposed 7.0.23 release is:
>
> [ ] Broken - do not release
> [ ] Beta   - go ahead and release as 7.0.23 Beta
> [X] Stable - go ahead and release as 7.0.23 Stable

+1

- MD5 OK
- signatures OK
- key in KEYS file
- gz and zip for src and bin consistent
- src consistent with svn tag
   Except for the following minor points
   (no regression or already fixed):
   - line ends of .gitignore in top level and
     test/webapp-3.0/welcome-files/sub/ differ
     between svn and gz because .gitignore is missing from the
     text-files list in build.xml (fixed in r1204187)
   - test/org/apache/jasper/util/TestFastRemovalDequeue.java
     was missing svn:eol-style (fixed in r1203732)
   - line ends of modules/jdbc-pool/resources/MANIFEST.MF differ
     between svn and gz although eol-style is set correctly.
   - the files we copy before building, e.g.
     catalina.properties and jdbc-pool.xml are of course
     not in svn for the cp target location, but they are there
     in the src bundles.
- builds fine
- build result looks consistent with binaries
- no checkstyle complaints
- no Javadoc errors
- Unit tests run OK for BIO, NIO and APR
   Not a single test failure
- JMX MBean-Comparison small expected differences:
   - New attributes "maxParameterCount" in Connector MBean,
     "startStopThreads" in Engine and Host MBeans and
     "acceptorThreadPriority" in ThreadPool MBean
   - slightly different sorting for "maxPostSize",
     and "maxKeepAliveRequests"
   - thread counts for JVM slightly different:
     TC 7.0.22: TotalStartedThreadCount: 16,
     ThreadCount: 11, PeakThreadCount: 11
     TC 7.0.23: TotalStartedThreadCount: 13,
     ThreadCount: 13, PeakThreadCount: 13

Build and tests were done using Java 1.6.0_29, OS was Solaris 10 Sparc,
tcnative was 1.1.22 based on APR 1.4.5 and OpenSSL 0.9.8r.

Regards,

Rainer