tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1200582 - /tomcat/tc6.0.x/trunk/STATUS.txt
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2011 23:33:53 GMT
On 10.11.2011 15:08, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
> 2011/11/11<rjung@apache.org>:
>> Author: rjung
>> Date: Thu Nov 10 21:46:32 2011
>> New Revision: 1200582

>> Log:
>> Add proposal.
>>
>> Modified:
>>     tomcat/tc6.0.x/trunk/STATUS.txt
>>
>> +* Fix setting of some standard attributes on cluster managers.
>> +  Backport of r1200555 from trunk.
>> +  http://people.apache.org/~rjung/patches/tc6-cluster-fix-attribute-setting.patch
>> +  +1: rjung
>> +  -1:
>> +
>
> What about property change listeners and other side effects? Similar
> previous changes in trunk:
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1175155
>
> I think that the same setters are used when configuring the object
> through Digester and there are no listeners in a newly created object.
> So unlikely there are side effects.

It does. I was curious about the exact stacks where the Manager element
in the Cluster in server.xml vs. Manager in Context in context.xml kick
in and indeed the setters are called by the Digester.

So probably it would even be better to also use the setter for
maxActiveSessions.

> Calling  setRandomFile() looks especially suspicious,
> but anyway if it is never called it is called again at the top of
> ManagerBase.getRandomBytes().

Yes and it seems safe to be called multiple times.

So I'll also switch maxActiveSessions to calling the setter in trunk/tc
7 and add that to the proposed TC 6 patch.

Regards,

Rainer