tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Redeploy on context.xml changes (Was: Tagging 7.0.23)
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2011 23:03:14 GMT
On 03/11/2011 17:08, Mark Thomas wrote:
> I'm still looking at:
> - recovery after fixing the broken file
> - not deploying an expanded dir if the context.xml in
> conf/Catalina/localhost is broken.

OK. Here is a patch for review. There are so many combinations
deployment and ways to create a dodgy configuration that I have probably
missed a couple of edge cases.

The main idea with this patch is that a Context always gets added even
if deployment fails. That allows fixes via JMX and prevents
WAR/directory deployment after a failed descriptor deployment. If the
context.xml can't be read, a new FailedContext object is used. This
allows redeploy resources to be tracked but the Context cannot be started.

A number of clean-up issues I spotted along the way have already been fixed.

http://people.apache.org/~markt/patches/2011-11-03-redeploy-trunk-v2.patch

Mark