tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Gomez <henri.go...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Publishing zips to the maven repo
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2011 16:53:07 GMT

> This is the first time that I can recall that anyone has stated that
> there is a requirement for this.

I should say many companies, including mine are injecting full Tomcat (as
zip) in their enterprise repositories (Archiva/Nexus/Artifactory powered)

> Granted, the Tomcat project currently has no interest in using Maven as
> a build system but that doesn't mean Maven is ignored. A lot of work
> went into improving the Maven artefacts for Tomcat 7.

Use of Maven was allready discussed many times and Tomcat project still
stick with Ant.

BTW, did there is a strong -1 to have an alternative build system using
Maven if this build keep the current Tomcat structure ?