tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Francis Galiegue <>
Subject Git and tomcat 7.x
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2011 18:00:07 GMT

I have lost the discussion, but remember one thing having been
discussed today about the git repo for tomcat 7.x being broken because
its trunk followed 8.0-dev instead (I did notice that but thought it
was on purpose).

Do 8.0.x and 7.x differ enough that I'll have to re-clone my repo and
base my netmask filtering patches over the new repo? The trouble is
that I don't feel like git svn cloning directly given that my
bandwidth is very poor and the Apache SVN repo has a number of commits
in the 7 digit range (even if the first of these 7 is "just" a 1)...

Francis Galiegue,
"It seems obvious [...] that at least some 'business intelligence'
tools invest so much intelligence on the business side that they have
nothing left for generating SQL queries" (St├ęphane Faroult, in "The
Art of SQL", ISBN 0-596-00894-5)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message