tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Francis Galiegue <fgalie...@gmail.com>
Subject Make the InetAddress object available via ServletRequest?
Date Sun, 09 Oct 2011 14:57:03 GMT
Hello,

I have my CIDR matching valve/filter ready (still struggling to write
unit tests, but it works in real-world situations), and there is
something I find quite unoptimized: you have getRemoteHost() and
getRemoteAddr() to get the remote host name and IP addresses as
strings, but why can't you get hold of the InetAddress object
directly?

It would be much faster to do so... In my valve and filter, I have to
.getRemoteAddr() and create an InetAddress object out of the string...

--
Francis Galiegue, fgaliegue@gmail.com
"It seems obvious [...] that at least some 'business intelligence'