tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Francis Galiegue <fgalie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IDEA settings for Tomcat development?
Date Fri, 28 Oct 2011 17:30:28 GMT
On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 19:25, Konstantin Kolinko
<knst.kolinko@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2011/10/28 Francis Galiegue <fgaliegue@gmail.com>:
>> Hello list,
>>
>> I understand some of you use IDEA for developing Tomcat. So do I. Can
>> you share your project settings (I am thinking in particular about
>> intention settings, code formatting, copyright etc) so that, when I'm
>> ready to submit a new patch, this "basic" stuff do not raise any
>> concerns?
>
> Take a look at
> http://tomcat.apache.org/getinvolved.html#Coding_Conventions
>
> Most of us use Eclipse IDE. I use "Java conventions" but changed to
> use spaces instead of tabs. I think there would be something like that
> in IDEA.

Yep, I have read this already. I was thinking more about intentions:
IDEA has loads of them which pertain to coding practices, I use my own
set which maybe doesn't fit the taste of core developers (for one, I
do a heavy use of the "final" keyword, I sometimes create variables
with a broad scope and so on).

I'll start creating a custom profile with coding style only. I was
wondering OTOH whether someone was using, for instance, the checkstyle
plugin, what its settings were and so on...

--
Francis Galiegue, fgaliegue@gmail.com
"It seems obvious [...] that at least some 'business intelligence'